- Shipping and Handling
India had always been known as the land that portrayed cultural and traditional vibrancy through its conventional arts and crafts.Every region in India has its own style and pattern of art, which is known as folk art. Pattachitra style of painting is one of the oldest art forms of India. When history becomes old it sometimes becomes hard to find their root, pattachitra arts is an example. But going by the history and references it’s considered to be more than thousands of years old.
The name Pattachitra has evolved from the Sanskrit words patta, meaning canvas, and chitra, meaning picture. Pattachitra is thus a painting done on canvas, and is manifested by rich colorful application, creative motifs and designs, and portrayal of simple themes, mostly mythological in depiction.
How is this Made ?
- Making the patta is the first thing that comes in the agenda, and the painters, go about their work in preparing a tamarind paste, which is made by soaking tamarind seeds in water for three days.
- The seeds are later pounded with a crusher, mixed with water, and heated in an earthen pot to turn it to a paste, which is called niryas kalpa.
- The paste is then used to hold two pieces of cloth together with it, and coated with a powder of soft clay stone a couple of times till it becomes firm.
- Soon as the cloth becomes dry, the final touch of polishing it with a rough stone and then a smooth stone or wood is given, until the surface becomes smooth and leathery, and is all ready as a canvas to be painted on.
Everybody can dance, but when this comes to krishna and his gopis this is considered to be the dance of passion,devotion etc. According to Hindu Mythology this is an external expression of divine Leela which takes place in the heart of each and every individual, between the finite and the universal Soul.Experience the endless love of Radha, madness of GOPIS through this amazing painting, where every bit of the painting will tell you the story of unconditional love.
- Size : 18(l)x42(w) inches
- Delivers Unframed
- Product Type : Silk
- Country of Origin: India
- Shape: Rectangle
- Color : Multi
Mhoksh is delighted to offer complimentary domestic US ground shipping for all orders above $50. We understand your need and pretty much aware that not all the orders can be of 50$. So, a nominal price of 5$ is being charged for orders which are less then 50$.US customers have the option to upgrade their order to either a 1 or 2-day shipping for an additional fee directly provided by UPS.This fee depends on the order and can be evaluated during the shipping options at checkout.Please note that choosing a paying shipping option may not expedite the processing time of your order. All orders are processed in the order they are received.
All our painting (fine arts) are directly shipped from overseas and will take 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. We will contact you for any deviation.If an item you ordered is on pre-order or backorder, the estimated delivery date will be present on the product page at the time of purchase.